Paul Vinton is a business technology specialist who has a passion to assist business and community leaders to achieve their goals. Born in Western Australia, Paul now resides in Adelaide, South Australia with his wife Leanne and sons Andrew and Wesley.
Paul has worked in the ICT sector for more than three decades and is
recognised as an industry expert regularly being asked for comment and being featured in Australian IT media.
After moving from Western Australia to Adelaide Paul founded his information technology consulting firm in 1988 with his wife Leanne. The Vintek Group grew to a national firm and was sold to an American venture capital funded organisation in September 2020 for a significant sum.
As an industry ICT and data security specialist, Paul has undertaken security and ICT audits, reviews and strategic direction for local and national organisations and sits on a number of boards, both in Australia and overseas, setting strategic direction.
As a senior strategist Paul regularly interacts with global leads on emerging technology. He also has regularly been asked to be a judge in both national ICT Innovation awards and Women in ICT awards.
In 2015 Paul won the EY Entrepreneur of the Year in the Central Region for the Technology sector – a prestigious award recognising ICT excellence in entrepreneurship that is ongoing.
Paul is frequently asked to speak at industry conferences as a
data security and ICT industry expert and has undertaken
presentations with global vendors to strategic clients.
As a catalyst and leader within the emerging technology space Paul has played undertaken the following achievements:
• 2022 Appointed to the SA Government Industry Skills Council
• 2021 Founded Advanced Data Systems Pty Ltd – which has grown to 5 employees in a few months
• 2021 won Fortinet SD-WAN Partner of the year – beating other significant Australian IT players
• 2021 appointed to the Council of Alphacrucis University College – a significant national College in process of becoming a University in Australia
• 2020 sold the Vintek group to New Era Technology – a global firm based in the USA
• 2019 Purchased National Federal Government and Mid-enterprise focused firm Cloud Central – an Openstack based cloud provider – successfully growing it to 4 x size in 2 years
• 2017 Purchased long-standing Sydney-based enterprise solution provider Regal IT
• 2017 Fortinet partner of the year award
• 2016 Australian Computer Society SA Branch Executive Member
• 2016 Purchased National data centre business Intervolve
• 2015 EY Entrepreneur of the Year award (Central region – Technology)
• SA Government Office of the Industry Advocate – Advisory Panel member
• 2015 Technology Industry Association (TIA) of SA board member
• 2014 Australian National IBM networking partner of the year award
• Australian National IBM “Business Partner Demonstration Excellence” award
• First in the world to deploy IBM SDN VE – a revolutionary new data centre technology
• First in Asia-Pacific to deploy OpenFlow – an emerging networking technology
• IBM Global story on Vintek’s solutions and strategic direction
• BRW featured story on the ICT implementation of a key client
• Multiple first of technology sales in Australia for latest generation technologies